Our research in the field of Micro/Nano-Electro-Mechanical-Systems (M/NEMS) covers the following topics:
1. Micro-positioners and Nano-positioners
- Design, Fabrication and Control of Micro/Nano-positioning Systems
- Study of size-dependent nonlinear dynamics in M/NEMS resonators using non-classical continuum theories
- Study of nonlinear dynamics, bistability and chaos in M/NEMS resonators
- Using analytical techniques for the study of nonlinear dynamics in micro/nano-resonator: second-order Multiple Scales Method (MSM) and the Homotopy Analysis Method (HAM)
- Poly silicon and silicon nano-beams modeling based on strain gradient, Nonlocal, modified couple stress and surface energy theories
3. Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM)
- Modelling of Atomic Force Microscopy Using Hybrid FEM/MD
- Dynamic Analysis and Control of AFM Imaging Process in Different Modes Including Trolling Mode AFM
4. Micro/Nano Robotics
New emerging fields in robotics are micro/nano robotics. The long-term target of our team in this area is to develop intelligent bio-nano sensors, actuators and nanodevices for various medical and nanotechnological applications.
For more information visit our publications.